Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ollie's Frozen Custard


Summer is right around the corner, and ice cream hot spots are getting ready for the rush. I've been waiting all winter long to get a taste of that delectable frozen goodness. And finally, my long awaited cure came from Ollie's Frozen Custard, located at 2290 Oakland Dr. in Sycamore, Il. I have pretty high standards when it comes to frozen custard, given that my father owned a frozen custard shop while I was growing up. And let me tell you, I thought there was nothing better, until I got a taste of Ollie's. It's a small joint, with only outside seating, but the line wraps around the entire building. The after dinner crowd is fairly huge, but this frozen custard is worth the wait! Ollie's menu is a frozen custard utopia, filled with frozen delights ranging from 17 different kinds of sundaes like my all time fav, The Turtle Sundae, to milk shakes, malts, floats, arctic blasts and sodas. These sodas are definitely something you won't find at a regular ice cream shop. They are made up of carbonated water, custard, your choice of flavoring and whipped cream, a true old fashioned drug store treat! When it came to decision time I opted for the one treat that was closest to my heart, The Turtle Sundae. Three delicious scoops of vanilla frozen custard, topped with hot fudge, caramel and toasted pecans...mmm! Believe me, after eating this ladies, you'll realize you don't need that man in your life anymore. Nothing at Ollie's costs more than $6. And believe me, when you live in the mid-west and are only given 3 months to enjoy these scrumptious frozen treats, you'll want to get your fix in as much as possible. So stop by Ollie's, I guarantee you will fall in love with this frozen custard paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment